Indian Butter Chicken
Serves: 4 servings • Time: 25 minutes
1 kg chicken breasts (diced)
1 stick of Butter (or ½ a cup)
2 tsp Masala
2 tsp Cayenne Pepper (optional – omit if you don’t want chilli heat)
2 tsp Curry Powder
1 tsp ground Ginger OR 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
1 Can coconut milk or Cream
1 Cup chicken Stock
1 can tomato paste (170g)
1 onion (minced)
5 garlic cloves (minced)
2 tbsp corn-starch
1 tbsp water
Salt to taste
- On the pressure cooker control panel, turn the menu knob to “Fry” and press start
- Place butter into the pot and let it fully melt until it becomes foamy and smells amazing.
- Toss in onions and garlic and cook until halfway done, then add the coconut milk, chicken stock and tomato paste. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the curry powder, ginger, cayenne pepper, masala, and salt to taste.
- Bring to a low simmer
- Place chicken in the pot and cover with the sauce
- Place the lid on the pressure cooker
- Turn the menu knob to the “Meat” function. Adjust Texture setting to “Light” (15 minutes)
- Press start to begin cooking. Music will sound and the cooker will start the countdown once the optimum pressure has been reached inside
- Press the pressure release button to get rid of any excess pressure and then remove the lid
- Mix the corn-starch and water together in a separate bowl till smooth, and add to the pot, mixing well.
- Turn the menu knob to the “Fry” function and press start. Bring to the boil, or until sauce has thickened.
- Serve with rice