- 1L Full cream milk
- 3 Tbsp full fat plain yogurt (with active cultures)
- 3 Tbsp cream (optional)
- Pour the milk into the inner pot
- Place the yogurt and cream into the milk and mix well
- Place the lid on the pressure cooker and turn the menu dial until you reach the “Yogurt” function. The time will default to 8 hours
- Press start to begin cooking
- Once timer ends, open the lid and give the yogurt a good mix
- Pour the yogurt into a clean container and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before consumption
- Experiment with different flavours by adding mixed fruit/vanilla essence/honey and enjoy!
- The milk you choose to use can be any kind of milk including full cream, 2% or low fat. A higher fat content will give you a thicker, creamier yogurt. Avoid any kind of milk that has been Ultra-High Temperature Pasteurised (UHT). This should be indicated on the label. This kind of milk tends to break down the proteins necessary to turn milk into yogurt
- Want a thicker type of yogurt? All you need is a strainer, a bowl and some cheesecloth. Fold a piece of cheesecloth several times to form layers and lay it inside your strainer. Set the strainer inside a bowl and pour the yogurt into the strainer. Let this sit in your fridge from 30 minutes to overnight depending how thick you want it to be. Once done, place the yogurt back into a container and give it a good mix.